Position Title: Electrical Control & Instrument Technician
Location: Newberry Springs, CA
Reports To: Processing Plant Manager
5E Boron Americas, LLC (5E BA), formerly known as Fort Cady (California) Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of 5E Advanced Materials, Inc. (5E). 5E BA’s corporate office and team is located in Hesperia, CA and the project site is located in Newberry Springs, CA. 5E BA’s Borate Mine hosts a multi-generational Borate resource where boric acid will be produced for the large North American specialty chemicals market including high-end technologies such as electric vehicles, defense, and magnets. The Fort Cady project site is an exceptionally rare and large colemanite deposit.
The Electrical Control & Instrument Technician will support the engineering design and development of electrical control and automation systems and devices. This position will provide setup, configuration, troubleshooting and repair of electrical control systems and prototypes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Calibrate and maintain mechanical, pneumatic, chemical, electrical and electronic process controls, and measurement instrumentation to approved procedures
- Understanding, evaluating, and executing the tests and procedures properly and investigating the Maintaining and setting up documentation and control procedures
- Safely and efficiently execute daily tasks related to calibration and instrumentation activities
- Generate Instrument Deviation Reports (IDR) for out of tolerance calibrations of process instrumentation and promptly notify the department facilitator and site instrument officer
- Develop and maintain calibration “Standard Service Procedures” (SSP) documents and database
- Developing and improving maintenance procedures
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, calibrating, and testing a wide variety of industrial instrumentation such as control valves, transmitters, radars, levels, Controlling and regulating level, flow, pressure, and temperature meters
- Executing preventative maintenance inspections on all instrumentation equipment
- Interpret, evaluate, and document calibration test results
- PLC programming / program modifications
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion, and discernment in all business matters.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate effective coordination, planning and organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities.
- Demonstrate gained proficiencies in multiple competences relevant to the job
- Completion of an electrician apprenticeship program required
- Completion of an electrician program at a technical or trade school preferred
- Journeyman Electrician license preferred
- 3-5 years of electrical experience
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds