Position Title: Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Location: Newberry Springs, CA
Reports To: Director of Supply Chain
Company Description: 5E Boron Americas, LLC (5E BA), formerly known as Fort Cady (California) Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of 5E Advanced Materials, Inc. (5E). 5E BA’s local office and team is located in Hesperia, CA and the plant site is located in Newberry Springs, CA. 5E BA’s Borate production facility hosts a multi-generational colemanite resource, known as the Fort Cady deposit, where boric acid will be produced for the specialty chemicals market including high-end technologies such as electric vehicles, defense, and magnets.
Purpose: The Warehouse and Logistics Manager is responsible for shipping and receiving and processing all site parts, recording consumables as required, keeping, and maintaining accurate inventory levels of all products (including chemicals), equipment, operating supplies, and goods.
Position Summary: The Warehouse and Logistics Manager will inspect, verify, and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments and maintaining accurate inventory records.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written for, e-mail, or in person
- Enter, transcribe, record, store or maintain information in written or electronic form.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintain information files and processing paperwork
- Ensure adequate minimum inventories of raw materials, intermediates, operating supplies, spares, and related items are on site for use when required
- Identify, report, and investigate inventory shortages, overages, or discrepancies
- Maintain inventories in an organized manner within designated warehouse and lay down spaces
- Observe all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments with logistics carriers as required
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy
- Prepare documents such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders to route materials
- Record shipment data such as weight charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Handling and Moving Objects up to fifty pounds by using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, and other warehouse equipment.
- Deliver or route materials to the appropriate area for use
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion, and discernment in all business matters
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and within team structures
- Demonstrate professionalism in interactions with vendors, contractors, co-workers, and leadership
- Ability to act quickly in response to critical situations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Safety protocols
- Experience working at a construction site
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and specialized inventory/stock control software to track and record inventory levels and prepare requested reports and information
- Experience with material handling equipment and machinery
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities
- Military experience a plus – especially logistics
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus