Position Title: Technical Sales Director/Manager
Location: To Be Determined
Reports To: Chief Commercial Officer/Chief Technology Officer
Company Description: 5E Boron Americas, LLC (5E BA), formerly known as Fort Cady (California) Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of 5E Advanced Materials, Inc. (5E). 5E BA’s corporate office and team is located in Hesperia, CA and the project site is located in Newberry Springs, CA. 5E BA’s Borate Mine hosts a multi-generational Borate resource where boric acid will be produced for the large North American specialty chemicals market including high-end technologies such as electric vehicles, defense, and magnets. The Fort Cady project site is an exceptionally rare and large colemanite deposit.
Position Summary: FEAM is looking to hire an enthusiastic global Technical Sales manager/director to support sales and business development activities and provide technical support to the boron advanced materials portfolio. The Technical Sales director/manager will use their scientific and product acumen to understand both business and technical issues that customers face and offer appropriate, value-based solutions. In addition to meeting with external customers, this role will be the primary internal link between FEAM’s technical staff, operations, commercial team, and end-users, incorporating an external view of long-term market needs to ensure alignment of FEAM’s strategic objectives. Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support for sales of Boric acid, boron advanced materials and Lithium carbonate across various industry verticals globally, with a focus on value selling and problem solving.
- Become a subject matter expert for Boric acid and boron advanced materials by interfacing with industry experts/consultants.
- Become the primary internal customer facing technical support leader that can interface across supply chain, operations, quality, and R&D across all aspects of the product cycle, from product development to qualification, to sales, and post-sale support.
- Visit customer sites on a regular basis to give sales and technical presentations and assist in production trials.
- Pro-actively identify and develop new opportunities and accounts by establishing technical relationships with the sales organization to penetrate adjacent verticals.
- Maintain an up-to-date customer/contact database to support the distribution of marketing materials.
- Attend product related technical conferences and perform other marketing activities that represent company products and services, including writing technical papers, presenting posters, hosting webinars, and participating in industry discussion panels
- Build out a larger technical sales organization as the need arises with a segment and geographic focus.
- Support company’s strategic planning efforts by keeping up to date on competitive intelligence, market dynamics, and industry trends.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion, and discernment in all business matters
- Ability to prioritize activities that achieve technical support, business development and product strategy development.
- Must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and be ultra-responsive to internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strategic outlook towards building a world class technical sales organization.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse customer base in various boron industry verticals.
- Negotiation skills and value-selling experience.
- Perseverance, persuasiveness, and confidence. Be a self-starter.
- Professionalism, passion, and commitment. Be curious.
- Organizational skills and follow through.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or another technical field. (Prefer a master’s degree)
- MBA preferred but not required.
- 5-7 years of technical sales experience in a specialty materials business ideally in a global setting.
- Boron specialties and or advanced materials experience highly desirable
- Must be able to travel both by ground and air, with some international travel required.
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the job.