Position Title: Site Services Operator I
Location: Newberry Springs, CA
Reports To: Site Services Supervisor
Company Description: 5E Boron Americas, LLC (5E BA), formerly known as Fort Cady (California) Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of 5E Advanced Materials, Inc. (5E). 5E BA’s local office and team is located in Hesperia, CA and the plant site is located in Newberry Springs, CA. 5E BA’s Borate production facility hosts a multi-generational colemanite resource, known as the Fort Cady deposit, where boric acid will be produced for the specialty chemicals market including high-end technologies such as electric vehicles, defense, and magnets.
Purpose: The Site Services Operator I will support the Site Services Team with general manual labor tasks.
Position Summary: The Site Services Operator I is part of the 5E team working at the direction of the Site Services Supervisor to help prepare the Boron extraction site and provide construction services as follows:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety standards, monitoring and advising outside contractors and guests on 5E Safety Standards
- Build drilling pads
- Installation and removal of permanent and temporary tortoise fencing
- General site repairs
- Basic equipment maintenance, greasing, oil changes, etc.
- Minor concrete work
- Receiving deliveries
- Dirt/gravel road repairs
- Warehouse work
- Working on and around equipment, skid steer, loader/backhoe, telehandler, etc.
- Assist site management with contractor oversite.
- Implement and enforce safety policies on site
- Primarily a field/construction labourers’ position
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination, good balance, and have the physical strength to be able to do the work
- Must have the ability to move and manage objects up to fifty pounds by using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Must have the ability to stay attentive and work safely near moving parts and machinery
- Must have the ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, outdoor environments frequently
- Must have the ability to safely deliver or route materials to the appropriate area for use
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion, and discernment in all business matters
- Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner with co-workers, construction crews and leadership
- Ability to work independently and within team structures
- Ability to act quickly and work safely in response to critical situations
- Ability to execute physical work in 120+ degree outside temperatures
- Must have a High School diploma or GED, or equivalent
- Must have 1 to 3 years general construction experience including cement work, building and removing fences, and general maintenance
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License
- Must have experience in a Safety environment
- Prefer experience in the operation of skid steer, loader/backhoe, and other construction equipment
- Prefer a candidate with a mechanical aptitude and the ability to service or repair equipment