Position Title: Process Operator
Location: Newberry Springs, CA
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Company Description: 5E Boron Americas, LLC (5E BA), formerly known as Fort Cady (California) Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of 5E Advanced Materials, Inc. (5E). 5E BA’s corporate office and team is located in Hesperia, CA and the project site is located in Newberry Springs, CA. 5E BA’s Borate Mine hosts a multi-generational Borate resource where boric acid will be produced for the large North American specialty chemicals market including high-end technologies such as electric vehicles, defense, and magnets. The Fort Cady project site is an exceptionally rare and large colemanite deposit.
Position Summary: The Process Operator controls equipment and systems that process chemical substances and materials into product.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Operates equipment and monitors the production process to ensure efficient and safe output
- Follows standard operating procedures and performs in process quality checks to identify and resolve issues during processing
- Troubleshoots problems with equipment, respond to system notifications and makes required adjustments as needed
- Conduct rounds and take readings, complete shift logs, and assist with troubleshooting any plant issues
- Follows all procedures for safe material handling and required safety gear
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion, and discernment in all business matters
- May work independently or under moderate supervision while gaining full proficiency in the position.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to engage with employees and contractors
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of related experience preferred
- Proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities