Website 5E Boron Americas, LLC
Position Title: Process Engineer Manager
Location: Newberry Springs, CA & Hesperia, CA
Reports To: VP Operations
Company Description: 5E Boron Americas, LLC (5E BA), formerly known as Fort Cady (California) Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of 5E Advanced Materials, Inc. (5E). 5E BA’s corporate office and team is located in Hesperia, CA and the project site is located in Newberry Springs, CA. 5E BA’s Borate Mine hosts a multi-generational Borate resource where boric acid will be produced for the large North American specialty chemicals market including high-end technologies such as electric vehicles, defense, and magnets. The Fort Cady project site is an exceptionally rare and large colemanite deposit.
Purpose: The Process Engineer Manager is responsible for leading and executing strategically advanced manufacturing technologies across the organization and leading an Engineering team of highly skilled technical professionals in several key disciplines.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for understanding all aspects of boron and lithium including:
- Production as well as processing
- Purification steps required — from design of the process
- Identification of improvements and new manufacturing technologies including but not limited to:
- Available technologies
- Equipment supplier identification
- Installation and commissioning
- Identifying materials of construction, services, controls, and automation
- Identifying safety concerns
- Identifying and executing improvements or new processes including but not limited to extraction, crystallization, filtration, purification, solids separation, gypsum production, liquor regeneration, and energy/water optimization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Team player with good leadership skills and excellent communication at all levels of the Company as well as external to the organization.
- Ability to lead a complex team of Project Managers.
- Ability to courageously and innovatively look at different paths to design a future for the Global Engineering organization.
- Ability to express ideas concisely and in an easily understood manner, gain buy-in from others, and the ability to turn the imagined future into a sustained reality.
- Must be able to work within a diverse organization, including people from different cultures, backgrounds, levels, and perspectives, collaborating to find best solutions for the organization.
- Ability to recruit and hire a growing group of highly competent technical professionals
- Ability to develop engineers into future company leaders
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion and discernment in all business matters
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and within team structures
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong technical writing
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to engage with employees and contractors
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of engineering experience (preferably process engineering) required
- Broader functional experience is a plus, including business finance.