Position Title: Mechanic Technician
Location: Newberry Springs, CA
Reports To: Processing Plant Manager
Company Description: 5E Boron Americas, LLC (5E BA), formerly known as Fort Cady (California) Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of 5E Advanced Materials, Inc. (5E). 5E BA’s corporate office and team is located in Hesperia, CA and the project site is located in Newberry Springs, CA. 5E BA’s Borate Mine hosts a multi-generational Borate resource where boric acid will be produced for the large North American specialty chemicals market including high-end technologies such as electric vehicles, defense, and magnets. The Fort Cady project site is an exceptionally rare and large colemanite deposit.
Position Summary: The Mechanic Technician maintains and services industrial equipment including control systems, power distribution systems, boilers, pumps, air compressors, filters, tray dryer, baggers, and chillers. The qualified candidate will work under moderate supervision while gaining full proficiency and understanding of the boron extraction plant at 5E Boron Americas, LLC.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Typical tasks include disassembling equipment to locate the issue and then reassembling.
- Test and calibrate machinery to ensure it is operating at maximum efficiency.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair industrial equipment and machinery to ensure they’re always in proper working order.
- Test and observe equipment and machinery using tools such as voltmeters and other testing devices to diagnose malfunctions and make repairs as needed.
- Care for machinery and equipment by cleaning them after use, adjusting parts and lubricating moving components as needed to ensure proper, efficient function.
- Examine moving parts on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis for signs of excessive wear, defects, and damage.
- Record all maintenance and repair services performed and keep track of all materials and parts used during the repair process.
- Order or request orders to be placed to replenish materials and parts when inventory grows low or is depleted.
- Study manufacturer manuals and blueprints and carefully follow directions when operating or setting up newly acquired machinery.
- Cut and weld metal pieces together as needed to fabricate new parts, assemble equipment, or repair broken parts as needed
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion, and discernment in all work related matters
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and within team structures
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 + years related experience in industrial mechanics
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance on a regular basis
- Specialized training, trade apprenticeship or technical training preferred