Position Title: Lab Technician
Location: Newberry Springs, CA
Reports To: Processing Plant Manager
Company Description: 5E Boron Americas, LLC (5E BA), formerly known as Fort Cady (California) Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of 5E Advanced Materials, Inc. (5E). 5E BA’s corporate office and team is located in Hesperia, CA and the project site is located in Newberry Springs, CA. 5E BA’s Borate Mine hosts a multi-generational Borate resource where boric acid will be produced for the large North American specialty chemicals market including high-end technologies such as electric vehicles, defense, and magnets. The Fort Cady project site is an exceptionally rare and large colemanite deposit.
Position Summary: The Lab Technician will be responsible for quality checks on products being produced by 5E Boron Americas, LLC which are being produced on site by facility equipment. The employee(s) will assist with troubleshooting any product quality issues and will assist with ensuring testing equipment is calibrated and maintained.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Determines the physical and chemical properties of compounds and materials using quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis
- Performs a variety of chemical tests using instrumental methods and standard test equipment
- Prepares materials for laboratory examination and conducts quality, safety, and compliance assessments
- Sets up and maintains lab equipment
- Establishes and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Records and tabulates data and documents observations and results
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion, and discernment in all business matters
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
- Demonstrates proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job
- Willingness to engage with employees and contractors
- 3 – 5 years of related experience, preferably in chemical processes
- Experience in ICP chemical analysis preferred but not required
- Must have proficiency in multiple competencies related to the job
- Must have technical expertise in engineering and construction for mining, industrial, and process facilities and an in-depth understanding of complex construction drawings and specification.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities